OK, Komets fans, I've got a number of things to pass along.
First of all, I've updated our dictionary of Komets-related hashtags we've had so much fun with: Click here.
Michelle Davies has some great photos from the Komets' 4-3 shootout victory over Evansville on Saturday night: Click here.
And I forgot to post these photos earlier in the week: Click here.
Here's the game story and the video recap from Saturday: Click here.
- The Komets are second in the ECHL in power play efficiency (33.3 percent) and penalty killing (95.7 percent).
- Goalie Kenny Reiter leads the league in goals-against average (0.83) and save percentage (.973).
- Forward Brandon Marino is tied for fourth with eight points.
- Fort Wayne's Josh Moles was cut by Gary Graham in Pensacola of the Southern Professional Hockey League: Click here. Speaking of Graham, here's a good little story on him.
- Do you believe Kelly Miller is still playing? And that he's kind of a goon? Click here.
- Could this end up anything other than a disaster? Click here.
- Remember Chris Haltigin, who was cut by the Komets in training camp, then went to Orlando and then Alaska? He scored his first goal Saturday in a 1-0 victory over Utah. Tom Mele has two goals and four points in four games with the Aces.
- David Starenky is scoreless in one game with Toledo. Speaking of the Walleye: This is sad.
- Fort Wayne-native Brian Gratz got his first victory behind the bench in Bloomington, Ill.: Click here.
- For your latest Quad City hilarity: Click here.
- And Cody Reichard, who is from Celina, Ohio, got his first pro victory: Click here.