First of all, see the attached flyer for information on the Komets' annual Halloween Parade for the kids.
- Click here to read a story on Komets goaltender Kenny Reiter.
- Even though it was just a day after losing forward Chris Auger for the season to knee injuries, the Komets had a light practice today at Memorial Coliseum. "They've got a lot of championships through the years and it's a great bunch of guys," goaltender Marco Cousineau said. "They've been working hard and when they come out, they come out together."
- The Dayton Demonz of the Federal Hockey League, a lower-level affiliate of the Komets, have kept former Fort Wayne goaltender Gerry Festa on their roster. Forward Brayden Metz, who I think we may see again here, is also on the team. Click here to see the Demonz roster.
- Quad City fans called me every name in the book over the summer, when I reported that the Mallards were in trouble. Well, unfortunately for them, I was correct. The CHL took control of the team: Click here. This means that Terry Ruskowski has coached at least three teams in serious financial distress: Quad City, Rio Grande Valley and (remember this team?) the Knoxville Speed.
- Finally, since I know some of you love this former Komets, er, player: I give you this.