Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee chair, Sen. Patty Murray, released the following statement regarding Richard Mourdock’s comment last night about rape and pregnancy:
“While Mitt Romney is rightly distancing himself from Richard Mourdock today, his ad endorsing Mourdock’s extreme candidacy continues to air in Indiana. If Mitt Romney is serious about repudiating these heinous views on rape, he will take down this ad immediately.
“National Republicans cannot paper over Richard Mourdock’s heinous views on rape. Enough is enough. The Republican Party needs to stop the coddling and take a stand against the horribly offensive and dangerous views of the Tea Party and their extreme candidates.”
The attached Associated Press video contains Richard Mourdock’s entire comment on the subject.
- TV ads top $25 million in Mourdock-Donnelly race
- Mourdock adds Daniels to Romney ad
- Rape talk overtakes Mourdock campaign
- Mourdock tries to clarify beliefs
- Rape pregnancy remarks take debate national
- Mourdock says Democrats are twisting his words
- Pence calls out Mourdock; contradicts himself
- Romney still supports Mourdock; ad stays