And now a few thoughts, none of which really have any correlation to anything, about the just concluded World Series -- re-packaged this year as the World You Cannot Be Serious:
1. San Francisco, your World You Cannot Be Serious winners, swept the Tigers in the Series but had to play, and win, six elimination games to get there.
2. The MVP was nicknamed Kung Fu Panda.
3. The guy who drove in the Series-winning run (Marco Scutaro) was a refugee from Dysfunction Junction, aka the Boston Red Sox.
4. The guy who scored the winning run (Ryan Theriot) used to be a Cub.
5. The Series ended with Miguel Cabrera, baseball's first Triple Crown winner in 45 years, looking at a called third strike.