You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Smoke inhalation killed fire victim

An 81-year-old Angola man killed in a house fire Monday died from smoke inhalation, the Steuben County Coroner’s Office said Wednesday.

Herbert Sanders was inside his house at 809 Growth Parkway when the fire erupted, the Steuben County Sheriff’s Office said.

The blaze began about 3 p.m. Monday; the Angola Fire Department has ruled the fire accidental.

Advertisement