You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Man arrested after girl receives photos
    An Indianapolis man faces charges that he sent a young girl sexually explicit photos and had a highly sexual conversation online with her while the man lived in Fort Wayne.Roy E.
  • Playing with lighter caused house fire
    A Tuesday fire that caused heavy damage to a Fort Wayne home was accidentally caused by a child playing with a lighter, investigators said.The Fort Wayne Fire Department on Wednesday announced the cause of the fire at 1509 Cass St.
  • Doctor appointment reveals molestation
    A Fort Wayne man was charged with molesting a young girl at his house after the child’s mother voiced concerns during a doctor’s appointment for the girl.
Advertisement

Apartment fire ruled accidental

Sunday's fire at Baldwin Creek Apartments was accidentally caused by a malfunctioning light fixture, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said today.

One resident at 1920 Hobson Road, Building F, was taken to a hospital following the 8 a.m. fire. About 40 residents were evacuated from the two-story building, which has 24 apartments. Some had to be rescued from their balconies.

Advertisement