FILE - In this Nov. 18, 2012 file photo, Justin Bieber accepts the award for favorite album - pop/rock for "Believe" at the 40th Anniversary American Music Awards, in Los Angeles. On Jan. 1, 2013, a paparazzo was struck by a car and killed in Los Angeles while pursuing photos of Bieber's white Ferrari. Bieber was not in the car. (Photo by John Shearer/Invision/AP, File)
Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
A look at Justin Bieber's non-music news-making
By The Associated Press
- Jan. 1, 2013: A paparazzo is struck by a car and killed in West Los Angeles while pursuing photos of Bieber's white Ferrari. Bieber was not in the car.
- Nov. 21, 2012: Prosecutors opt not to file charges against Bieber after finding insufficient evidence that he punched and kicked a photographer outside a movie theater near his home in Calabasas, Calif., a month earlier.
- Nov. 14, 2011: A judge dismisses counts filed under California's anti-paparazzi law against photographer Paul Raef, who was charged in July with being involved in a high-speed pursuit of the pop star along a San Fernando Valley freeway.
- Oct. 10, 2012: Bieber tweets that some of his belongings, including a laptop, were stolen during a show in Tacoma, Wash. Suggestions soon surface on the Internet that the story was a publicity stunt, prompting Bieber's publicist to issue a statement insisting the theft really happened. A police investigation was inconclusive.
- Sept. 30, 2012: Bieber vomits twice onstage during a concert in Glendale, Ariz. The video goes viral.
- July 13, 2012: A woman sues Bieber for $9.2 million claiming she suffered permanent hearing loss at his concert in Portland, Ore.
- July 6, 2012: Bieber is cited for speeding on a Los Angeles freeway. He told police he was being chased by paparazzi.
- May 28, 2012: Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators question Bieber after he reportedly scuffled with paparazzi who tried to photograph him and girlfriend Selena Gomez as they left a movie theater.
- Oct. 31, 2011: A San Diego woman files a paternity suit against Bieber, claiming he fathered her baby boy during a tryst when the singer was 16. Bieber called the claims "crazy."
- Aug. 30, 2011: Bieber is involved in a minor car accident in his Ferrari in Studio City, Calif.
- May 7, 2011: Bieber agrees to record a public service announcement against cyberbullying to resolve criminal charges against his manager and a record executive after an autograph signing caused a fan frenzy at a New York mall in 2009.
- March 3, 2011: A lock of Bieber's hair sells for $40,000 on eBay.
- Dec. 9, 2010: Barbara Walters prophetically includes Bieber in her "10 Most Fascinating People" TV special.