Flames in a wall behind a fireplace damaged a house on Fort Waynes north side early Tuesday, according to the city fire department.
Firefighters were sent to 1837 Howell St. about 2:30 a.m., and they found smoke throughout the two-story house.
A fire was discovered in a wall behind the fireplace, and firefighters brought the flames under control just after 3 a.m. An adult evacuated the home without help from firefighters. No injuries were reported.
The fire, which caused minor damage, is under investigation.