1. HOW THE FISCAL CLIFF DEAL WAS SWEETENED
The package includes billions in tax breaks for businesses.
2. BOEHNER BACK IN THE TOP SPOT
House speaker is re-elected despite the misgivings of some of the GOP's rank-and-file.
3. FOR CLINTON, DUTY CALLS
She's planning to return to work next week after being hospitalized for a blood clot in her head.
4. SANDY HOOK CHILDREN RETURN TO CLASS
The young students' attendance was high and "a lot of them were happy to see their friends," a police officer says.
5. PARENTS PLEAD FOR RELEASE OF US JOURNALIST
Asked if James Foley had any reservations about going to Syria, where he was kidnapped a month ago, his mother replies softly: "Not enough."
6. HELP MAY BE ON THE WAY FOR STORM VICTIMS
Congress will vote Friday on a $9.7 billion aid package for businesses and homeowners.
7. WHERE A TROVE OF ANCIENT DOCUMENTS WAS FOUND
A collection rescued from caves in a Taliban stronghold in Afghanistan gives an unprecedented look into the lives of Jews in Persia in the 11th century.
8. GOOGLE PLACATES THE US GOVERNMENT
The tech giant settles a probe into its business practices by agreeing to give rivals access to many of its key technologies, among other concessions.
9. WHY A MARTIAN METEORITE SURPRISED SCIENTISTS
Rock in the Sahara is much older and contains more water than others that have been found.
10. BRITS GET A JUMP ON AMERICAN TV VIEWERS
The ITV network sends "Downton Abbey" to the U.S. - but only after each season's shows have already aired in the U.K.