An electrical problem was the cause of a fire early Friday at a Gaywood Drive home, officials said.
Firefighters arrived at the one-story home at 5215 Gaywood Drive at 12:28 a.m., the Fort Wayne Fire Department said.
One person was inside but escaped the blaze.
When crews arrived, they found flames and smoke in the attic. Firefighters contained fire damage to the attic. There was moderate water and minor smoke damage to the first floor.
The fire was under control in 13 minutes. No injuries were reported, the department said.