Statement as issued Monday by the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend:
Wednesday February 6th, 2013
- Reception of the body and Morning Prayer at St. Matthew Cathedral, South Bend, will begin at 10 a.m. Visitation will be held throughout the day. Rosary will begin at 5 p.m. A Mass of Transferral celebrated by Bishop Kevin Rhoades will begin at 7 p.m.
- Reception of the body and Morning Prayer at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Fort Wayne, will begin at 10 a.m., with visitation throughout the day. Rosary will begin at 5 p.m. Evening Prayer is scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Visitation of the body will take place from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Fort Wayne
- The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 12:00 noon at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Fort Wayne. A reception for all will immediately follow at the Grand Wayne Center.
- The Rite of Committal will be conducted privately with the family in the crypt of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
- St. Matthew Cathedral, 1701 Miami St., South Bend.
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 1122 S. Clinton St., Fort Wayne.
- Bishop John D’Arcy 1932 -2013 | ‘Faced death with deep faith’
- Funeral arrangements for Bishop D'Arcy announced
- He was 'Bishop of the whole city'
- Commissioners: 'A true servant's heart'
- USF mourns Bishop D’Arcy
- Bishop John M. D’Arcy dies on the anniversary of his first Mass
- Bishop Rhoades: We mourn the death of a good shepherd