Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:31 pm
10 Things to Know for Thursday
By The Associated Press
1. BOEHNER EXPRESSES FRUSTRATION WITH OBAMA BUDGET TALKS
"Frankly every time I've gotten into one of these high-profile negotiations, it's my rear end that got burnt," he tells the AP.
2. TEAR GAS BLAMED FOR SETTING CABIN ABLAZE
A sheriff says his deputies didn't intentionally burn down the building where fugitive ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner is believed to have died.
3. GINORMOUS WE FLY, DIVIDED WE'RE SMALL
American Airlines and US Airways agree to merge and create world's biggest airline.
4. LONG-MARRIED VALENTINES SHARE THEIR SECRETS
Murray Redlitz, who has been married to Esther for 66 years, says the key is pretty simple: compromise, compromise, compromise.
5. WHAT IS NEXT FOR CARNIVAL'S TROUBLED `TRIUMPH'
The ship will dock in Alabama and remain idle till April after 12 sailing cancelations.
6. NEW MEDAL AWARDS BRAINS MORE THAN HEART
The Pentagon will recognize contributions of those far from the combat zone, like cyber-warfare soldiers.
7. INCREASED SEXUAL ASSAULTS ROIL EGYPTIAN WOMEN
Protesters demonstrate against harassment armed with kitchen knives.
8. HOW A MIAMI AUTO SHOP IS SPRUCING UP CUBAN CARS
Cuban-Americans transport rare spare parts to Havana's eager drivers.
9. OSCAR NOD TO CHILD RENEWS A DEBATE OVER AGE
Some think a 9-year-old is too young to be nominated for the award that eludes even veteran actors.
10. WHY RICE-A-RONI IS SO YESTERDAY
Cooking "kits" are the launching pads for meals that taste like they're made from scratch (and almost make even the cooks believe they are).