And now, a few reasons for what we just saw up there in Minneapolis, which was Tubby Smith's way of sending a candygram to Mark Few of now-likely-to-be-No.-1 Gonzaga:
1. Williams Arena is "Hotel California." You can check in any time you like, but you can (rarely) leave (intact).
2. Minnesota absolutely needed this. Indiana, with a two-game lead, only sort of needed it.
3. Paging Cody Zeller ... paging Cody Zeller ...
4. What, you thought winning the Big 10 this year would be that easy?
5. Urgency has an expiration date. It goes bad after, oh, about seven days of down time.
And last but not least ...
6. Indiana + prosperity = a dysfunctional relationship.