You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Area near I-469, Auburn Road reopens after gas leak
    The roads around Interstate 469 and Auburn Road have been cleared and reopened after a construction crew hit a gas line this morning, requiring patients and staff from two medical buildings to be evacuated for a time, Fort Wayne firefighters said.
  • 2 hurt in Noble County crash
    Two people were hurt Tuesday evening when their vehicles collided in rural Noble County.
  • Wheelie leads to collision
    The woman sat on the sidewalk, smothering her face in towels and tissues as three men put their arms around her. Just up the street, amid the destroyed motorcycle and debris littering the road, was her son.
Advertisement

Hot grease cited in kitchen blaze

A kitchen fire damaged a house Sunday night on Fort Wayne’s south side, according to the Fort Wayne fire department.

About 9:50 p.m., firefighters were sent to 606 W. Packard Ave., west of Fairfield Avenue.

They extinguished a blaze in the kitchen that caused moderate fire and water damage and heavy smoke damage, the department said.

An adult and two children had escaped the two-story house before fire crews arrived. No one was injured, the department said.

A resident told firefighters that a hot pan of grease started the fire, the department said.

aingersoll@jg.net

Advertisement