A kitchen fire damaged a house Sunday night on Fort Wayne’s south side, according to the Fort Wayne fire department.
About 9:50 p.m., firefighters were sent to 606 W. Packard Ave., west of Fairfield Avenue.
They extinguished a blaze in the kitchen that caused moderate fire and water damage and heavy smoke damage, the department said.
An adult and two children had escaped the two-story house before fire crews arrived. No one was injured, the department said.
A resident told firefighters that a hot pan of grease started the fire, the department said.