These things to do, cancellations and postponements have been received in The Journal Gazette's newsroom:
Looking for something to do?
- Science Central, 1950 N. Clinton St., will be open to visitors beginning at noon. For more information, call 424-2400 or visit www.sciencecentral.org.
- Weisser, Jennings and Cooper youth centers will be open from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, according to an announcement from the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department. For more information, call the department at 427-6000.
- Allen County parks are open for skiing at both Fox Island and Metea and sledding at Metea, the county said Wednesday. The rental cost is $6 an hour for adults and $5 an hour for children. Last rentals for the day are at 4 p.m., and activities close at 5 p.m., the county said. Those with their own equipment pay the normal $2 entry fee per person. The county said annual pass holders can get in for free.
Other closings, delays
- The Fort Wayne campus of the University of Saint Francis is closed until noon Wednesday. All classes and activities beginning at 12 p.m. or later will proceed as scheduled.
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank of Fort Wayne is closed Wednesday.
- Republic Services/National Serv-All has suspended all trash and recycling collections for Wednesday, including those in Fort Wayne and Columbia City. All Fort Wayne collections for the rest of the week will be performed one day later than usual. The Macbeth Road Landfill will be open for all customers who bring their materials there.
- The Indiana State Board of Education meeting scheduled for Wednesday has been canceled because of expected inclement weather and lack of a quorum.
- The Geocaching to Promote Scouting event and the Miami District Roundtable for Scouting Leaders at Waynedale United Methodist Church have both been canceled.
- Morton Marcus's talk, "Economic Development: What it is, What it isn't, What it ought to be," has been rescheduled because of snow. The talk was supposed to be tonight at Cinema Center downtown. An alternate date has not yet been selected.