Statement as issued Thursday by the Fort Wayne Urban League:
Due to community concerns over the recent increase in gun violence, the Fort Wayne Urban League will host a series of strategic planning meetings to discuss solutions for decreasing these acts of violence in our community.
The first meeting will be held on Friday, March 22 from 6 – 8 PM.
All concerned citizens are encouraged to attend.
"We want everyone to be part of this urgent conversation. Whether you're a parent, grandparent, business leader, elected official, educator or student, we all need to participate in finding solutions to this violence," said Jonathan Ray, Urban League CEO.
Friday March 22 from 6:00-8:00 PM
at 2135 S Hanna St, Fort Wayne 46803
Future meetings will be held based on input from this initial meeting.
- Boy safe; suspect dead
- Snipers named in fatal police-action shooting during standoff
- Community can’t avoid crime scenes
- Shell case links man to slaying off Rudisill
- Canít solve crimes by pretending not to see it
- Mayor, police chief ask community to help stop violence
- Fort Wayne mayor, police chief to discuss homicides