You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • 1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting on East Rudisill
    An adult male died from gunshot wounds early Sunday, according to Fort Wayne police spokesman Jason Anthony.Officers responded to a shooting about 12:55 a.m. in the 600 block of East Rudisill Boulevard.
  • Suspect in bank robbery arrested
    The man police arrested in connection with a recent North Webster bank robbery is also accused of making a phone call to a local school to distract police before the robbery.
  • Police seek help finding Mount Etna boy
    A teenage boy with special needs is still missing from Huntington County, and police hope the public can offer some tips.

Sex offender charged with child molesting


A 29-year-old convicted sex offender now faces multiple charges of child molesting after a 10-year-old girl told her mother he fondled her several times.

Daniel L. Taylor of Fort Wayne was charged Thursday with being a repeat sex offender and four counts of felony child molesting.

The charges allege molestations that took place between April 2009 and March 2010. The girl told detectives Taylor had inappropriately touched her several times and forced her to have sex.

In October 2004, Taylor was arrested on charges of rape and sexual misconduct with a 15-year-old girl. In January 2006, a jury convicted Taylor of sexual misconduct with a minor, but acquitted him of rape.

Taylor was sentenced to probation and required to register as a sex offender, according to court documents.

Several months later, Taylor was accused of violating his probation by having contact with a child younger than 16 and failing to complete other requirements, court documents said.

Taylor has repeatedly failed to register as a sex offender. The most recent felony charge for failure to register was in February, according to court documents.

Taylor was being held on $85,000 bail.