FORT WAYNE – Debra Williams was presented the local Athena Award today in a ceremony at Ceruti's Summit Park.
She is senior vice president and chief human resources officer at Parkview Health.
The international Athena Award program recognizes those who demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in work while also giving back to the community and empowering women. Greater Fort Wayne Inc. – known until recently as the Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce – sponsors the local contest.
Also during the luncheon, Angie Garcia was given the Athena Young Professional Leadership Award. She is an attorney with Carson Boxberger LLP. The Athena organization created the award to recognize women at the beginning of their careers.
The 2013 Athena Award nominees also included:
- Mary Bell, regional president of Wells Fargo Bank;
- Nancy Nightingale Gillespie, dean of the School of Health Sciences at the University of Saint Francis;
- Randi Lincoln, senior sales director for Mary Kay Cosmetics;
- Katherine MacAulay, chief operations officer of the local American Red Cross;
- Jerrilee K. Mosier, chancellor of Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast;
- Holli Seabury, CEO of McMillen Center for Health Education;
- Janet Stephenson, community volunteer;
- Jo Young Switzer, president of Manchester University.
- Kylee Shirey, an associate attorney with Barrett & McNagny LLP.
- Pone Vongphachanh, government affairs director for Upstate Alliance of REALTORS.