You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.


  • No contact with kids for 6 years, court rules
    Marian Clark and her husband, Robert Boyko, had a house in Monroeville. But it was in such disrepair that a family friend was going to gut it, free of charge, and replace the appliances and countertops and fix it up.
  • Couple gets probation in neglect case
    Marian Clark and Robert Boyko escaped spending time behind bars for keeping their children in squalid and unsafe conditions in a Fort Wayne hotel room.
  • McGauley named Superior Court executive
    John D. McGauley has been named court executive of Allen Superior Court, Chief Judge Wendy Davis announced today.

Police officer could have bond revoked

Suspended Indianapolis police officer and accused drunken driver David Bisard will be in Allen Superior Court on May 9 for a hearing on whether his bond should be revoked.

Bisard, 39, was out on bond awaiting trial on charges stemming from a 2010 fatal wreck in which his squad car crashed into two motorcycles stopped at a traffic light.

Eric Wells, 30, was killed and two others were injured when police say he was involved in a second crash Saturday.

Bisard faces multiple charges from the 2010 crash, including reckless homicide, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing death, and criminal recklessness.

The case was moved to Allen Superior Court and is being handled by Judge John Surbeck because of extensive media coverage in the Marion County area.

On Saturday afternoon, Bisard was arrested after crashing a borrowed truck into a guardrail in the Lawrence area. His blood-alcohol content tested at 0.22 percent – nearly three times the legal limit of 0.08 percent, authorities said.

Late Monday afternoon, Marion County prosecutors asked Surbeck to revoke or increase Bisard’s bond because of the crash and subsequent arrest.

On Tuesday, Surbeck scheduled a hearing for 3 p.m. May 9, and Bisard has been ordered to remain in jail until that hearing.

A trial is scheduled for October.