Komets president Michael Franke hailed the 2013-14 schedule as one of the best in the franchise's 62-year history.
That's because, of the team's 36 games at Memorial Coliseum, 33 are on weekends and holidays.
"(That) should be good news for all Komet fans," Franke said.
There will be 13 home games on Fridays, 11 on Saturdays and seven on Sundays.
The Komets open their second season in the ECHL on Oct. 19 at the Coliseum against the Toledo Walleye, and the regular season comes to a close April 12 against the Walleye at the Coliseum.
Here is a look at important items from the Komets' schedule:
- The Komets' most frequent opponent will be the Kalamazoo Wings. They meet 14 times, including six times at the Coliseum. Toledo and Evansville are played nine times each.
- The Komets play three games in three nights 11 times, and they have four games in five nights four times.
- Looking to go on the road? There will be 21 games within five hours drive: eight at Kalamazoo, Mich.; six at Evansville; four at Cincinnati and three at Toledo, Ohio. Want something more exotic? They play Feb. 19, 21 and 22 in Estero, Fla., against the Everblades.
- The Komets face the defending-champion Reading Royals four times, three times at the Coliseum.
- There are only three games out of conference – at Las Vegas on Nov. 1, 2 and 3 – and the Komets haven't played there since 1999 in the original IHL.
- The annual Thanksgiving Night game will be against Florida. And the annual New Year's Eve game will be against Toledo.
- Wednesday games at the Coliseum have been moved up to 7 p.m.