1. What road was the first paved coast-to-coast highway in the U.S. that opened in 1913 and ran from New York to California? (Hint: It is known as U.S. 30 in Indiana.)
2. What desert surrounds Las Vegas?
3. Most of Yellowstone National Park is in Wyoming. What two other states does it extend into?
4. What was Muhammad Ali’s birth name?
5. What country singer started a band called the Drifting Cowboys after making his radio debut at age 13?
6. Where did famed quarterback Joe Montana play college football?
7. What state is nicknamed the Volunteer State?
8. What is the highest mountain in the U.S.?
9. Actor and comedian Jack Benny played what musical instrument?
10. The life of the Joad family during the Great Depression was portrayed in what well-known novel?
1. Lincoln Highway
2. The Mojave Desert
3. Idaho and Montana
4. Cassius Clay
5. Hank Williams
6. Notre Dame
8. Mount McKinley in Alaska at 20,320 feet
9. The violin
10. The Grapes of Wrath