Three firefighters suffered minor injuries Sunday while battling a blaze started by a grill outside a home on the city's north side.
About 11 a.m., city firefighters and emergency personnel responded to a call about a house fire at 6409 High Point Run, Kenn Kunze, Fort Wayne Fire Department batallion chief, said.
The homeowner told firefighters she was grilling in the backyard when suddenly flames began spreading up the side of the house.
The blaze burned up the side of the home and through the attic, Kunze said. The fire also spread to the neighbor's home, burning several sections of siding.
Three firefighters were injured when the ceiling collapsed, he said. All complained of neck pain, and at least one was taken to a hospital.