Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:10 am
Officials: Extinguisher flies into Conn. home
The Associated Press
Plainville firefighters say a machine operator cutting beams at a metal recycling company Tuesday afternoon didn't see the extinguisher, and the machine cut into the extinguisher and caused it to explode.
Tom Orvis says he was in his kitchen when he heard a loud noise. He says he went outside and saw pieces of roof on his lawn. There also was a small hole in his roof. Authorities found the partial extinguisher more than 200 yards from the house.
Orvis says a worker from the JW Green Co. apologized to him, and the company offered to fix the damage.