Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:14 pm
A look at other inmates on military death row
By The Associated Press
Here is a look at inmates currently on death row:
- Ronald A. Gray, convicted in April 1988 of several murders and rapes while stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Dwight J. Loving, convicted in April 1989 of killing two cab drivers while stationed at Fort Hood.
- Hasan K. Akbar, convicted in May 2005 of attacking fellow soldiers in Kuwait, killing two, during the invasion of Iraq.
- Andrew Witt, convicted in October 2005 of killing a fellow airman and his wife at their home at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia. An appeals court ordered his case reopened earlier this month.
- Timothy Hennis, convicted in April 2010 of killing a North Carolina mother and her two children a quarter-century earlier.
Source: Fort Leavenworth public affairs.