You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.


  • Guilty plea filed in near-record marijuana haul
    A 51-year-old Indianapolis man pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court, admitting to dealing large quantities of marijuana shipped in appliances.
  • City to pay $15,000 in police shooting
    The city of Fort Wayne will pay $15,000 to the estate of a man killed by police in late December 2010. Originally filed in Allen Superior Court, the lawsuit was transferred to federal court.
  • Warsaw printer accused over firing
    The Indiana Civil Rights Commission found probable cause that a Warsaw company discriminated against a pregnant employee. According to a press release issued Friday, the Warsaw location of R.

Murder conviction for shooting of passenger


The evidence mounted up and was insurmountable in the case against 27-year-old Ronald “Twin” Williams.

After about two hours of deliberation, an Allen Superior Court jury convicted Williams of the March murder of 25-year-old Mark Brian Young Jr.

The two men began arguing on a ride home from a south-side bar and, in spite of the attempts of others in the car to get them to calm down, the argument escalated and ended with Williams shooting Young multiple times.

Two women in the car that night testified they saw Williams pull up to a house, go inside and come back with his hand in his pocket. Out of that pocket, moments later, he pulled a chrome revolver as he continued to rant over who had more “street cred.”

The argument began over Young’s desire to be dropped off at Eden Green apartments, which Williams resisted because of the presence of police in the area at that time of night.

A few moments later, Williams pulled the car over and both he and Young got out. The two women fled the car, and both reported hearing gunshots as they were just a few yards away. A neighbor getting up for work witnessed the shooting, seeing one man shoot another man repeatedly as he fell into the street.

About 3:30 a.m. March 15, police found Young’s body in the 3400 block of Reed Street. He was pronounced dead at Lutheran Hospital a short time later, having suffered numerous gunshot wounds.

The car Williams was driving was found crashed a few blocks away at Colerick Street and Bowser Avenue, according to court documents. Williams, of the 3700 block of South Park Drive, was arrested and charged a few weeks later.

He faces additional charges in another case of criminal confinement and burglary. He is accused of breaking into a woman’s home looking for one of the women in the car that night. Armed with a revolver, he allegedly held the other woman hostage for more than seven hours, refusing to believe the woman he was seeking had moved. Williams will be sentenced next month.