A fire tore through a home on Old 27 in Angola on Monday, destroying the house and killing several animals.
Now, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is trying to help the two families that were staying there.
The families – a husband and pregnant wife with their four children and a woman and her teenage son – are currently living in a camper and a tent, the society said.
They are in need of money to get by until they receive paychecks next week as well as clothing, food, towels, blankets, wash cloths, toilet paper that is safe to use in the camper as well as laundry detergent, pet food and numerous other personal hygiene products.
According to the society, several cats inside the home died in the fire. A dog that survived alerted the families by continuously barking, and a pet rabbit and rat were also saved.
Anyone wanting to help the families is asked to call the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Angola at 624-3577 and leave a message.