You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

The Scoop

Advertisement
Justin A. Cohn | The Journal Gazette
Bob Brothers tells a parent that a student can't be picked up.

Smoke scare at Canterbury school

Canterbury school officials released the following statement Wednesday night to parents about smoke in a building.

Dear EC/LS/MS Parents,

Thank you so much for your patience as we worked through carpool this afternoon. Students and faculty put their earlier fire drill experience to the test last period as we had an electrical issue in a roof-top air conditioner that drew smoke down through the ducts into the MS fine arts wing on the second floor. You may have seen the fire department truck and personnel here when you drove in for carpool.

The students did a wonderful job evacuating the school, they were calm and orderly (this is what we practice throughout the year during our drills). The fine arts wing has been cleared for use, and repairs to the AC unit will begin tomorrow. Again, thank you for your patience at carpool.

Send items for The Scoop to jgnews@jg.net.

Advertisement