And now this week's edition of the widely ignored Blob feature, The NFL In So Many Words:
1. "Yeah, the Broncos just dropped 51 on us. But we scored 48 so it was a moral victory." -- Jerry Jones.
2. Peyton Manning. Cyborg. Definitely.
3. Andrew Luck. Cyborg. Possibly.
4. "Yeah, everybody died at the Alamo. But John Wayne's gonna play Davy Crockett in the movie version, so it was a moral victory." -- Sam Houston
5. It's Tuesday now, and Jimmy Graham just caught another pass.
6. It's Tuesday now, and Tony Romo would still like that last throw back. Please.
7. "Yeah, Pickett's Charge was an abject failure. But William Faulkner's gonna write about it someday, so it was a moral victory." -- Robert E. Lee.
8. Headline of the week: Nationwide Manhunt On For Missing Falcons.
9. Headline of the week, Part Deux: Man Intercepts Cab Hailed By Eli Manning.
And last but not least ...
10. "Yeah, Evander Holyfield kicked my butt again. But I bit off his ear so it's a moral victory." -- Mike Tyson