FILE - In this Aug. 25, 2013 file photo, actor James Franco arrives at the Comedy Central Roast of James Franco at The Culver Studios, in Culver City, Calif. LAX is the international hub for stars in and out of Hollywood, and a few celebrities, such as Franco and Nick Jonas, were among the travelers caught up in the chaos following the deadly shooting at the airport Friday morning, Nov. 1, 2013. (Photo by Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP, file)
Friday, November 01, 2013 10:37 pm
Franco, Jonas, others tweet during LAX shooting
By SANDY COHENAP Entertainment Writer
With time on their hands, they took to Twitter to update fans.
- "At (hash)lax Some (expletive) shot up the place." - James Franco, who included a self-portrait in an airplane window seat. His publicist confirmed the actor was a passenger on a flight that landed Friday morning after the shooting occurred.
- "Currently waiting on the plane in a remote parking area. I am safe. Praying for the victims of this shooting." - Nick Jonas, who posted moments earlier that the flight he arrived on was set to deplane at the terminal where the shooting occurred.
- "Im thankful to be safe and heading home. My heart goes to the victims. Makes you think about the important people in your life." - "Dancing With the Stars" pro Lacey Schwimmer, who spent the day at the airport after tweeting earlier that her flight landed just as the shooting happened.
- "Heard gun shots then everyone starting running for the door. Not sure if anyone was hurt. (hash)LAX" - "Mythbusters" host Tory Belleci posted Friday morning, followed by a series of tweets and photos updating the situation at the airport throughout the afternoon.
- "Almost 4 hrs since the shooting. Still here. 2000+ people. They're handing out waters & snacks. (hash)LAXShooting" - Belleci. Discovery confirmed in a statement that he and Grant Imahara were at terminal 3 on route to Delaware when the shooting occurred.
- "Incredible response by LAPD & airport authority. This place was locked tight w precision quickly. God bless first responders!" - "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison, who later tweeted that his flight made it out before the airport was closed.
- "Otw to lax and I hear there was a shooting at the terminal I'm going to. No Dallas for me this weekend, hope everyone is ok. I hate u LAX" - "Glee" star Mark Salling.