Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:44 am
Ga. girl severely burned when gas ignites on slide
The Associated Press
Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman says deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.
Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ( http://bit.ly/1bwQR66) reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and don't anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com