Let the kids make – or help make – mini-cornucopia place cards for the Thanksgiving feast.
Brown paper lunch bags (one for each guest)
Apples, pears, nuts, acorns, leaves, greenery, etc.
1. Open the lunch bag and roll down the top edge to the outside. About three rolls will be enough, but be careful that you dont rip it.
2. Gently open the bottom of the bag. Try to follow the glue lines so the bag bottom opens up without rips. (If it rips – well, dont worry about it.)
3. Pinch the clean (or ragged) bottom edges together to start the tip of the mini-cornucopia.
4. Tightly twist the end to form the tip of the cornucopia. It wont stay as tight as you like, and dont expect it to bend or curl up. But itll look fine.
5. Fill your cornucopia with apples, pears, nuts, acorns, leaves, greenery – whatever you have on hand.
6. Add a guests name to it.
Repeat until you have enough place cards for all.
Dont forget to wash the fruit used in your cornucopia – someone might want to take a bite.