A report received Tuesday morning from AEP Indiana Michigan Power:
Power has been restored to more than 44,000 Indiana Michigan Power customers since Sunday afternoon’s wind storm, leaving less than 26,000 customers without power.
Restoration efforts will continue today and will be ongoing this week until all customers have power restored.
Here is a rundown of the latest outage numbers as of 4:45 a.m. followed by the estimated times for restoration.
Approximate number of I&M customers without power in Michigan:
- Benton Harbor area: 6,750 customers (down from 18,000)
- Three Rivers area: 7,340 customers (down from 11,400)
- Buchanan area: 2,487 customers (down from 9,800)
- New Buffalo area: 1,100 customers (down from 2,400)
Approximate number of I&M customers without power in Indiana:
- Fort Wayne area: 800 customers (down from 8,400)
- South Bend area: 3,875 customers (down from 12,500)
- Elkhart area: 300 customers (down from 1,500)
- Muncie area: 59 customers (down from 1,000)
- Marion area: 2,100 customers
- Elwood area: 160 customers (down from 400)
- Hartford City area: 3 customers (down from 200)
All I&M customers who lost service as a result of Sunday’s wind storm are expected to be restored by Friday night.
Michigan restoration estimates:
Buchanan area: 11 p.m. Thursday
- Benton Harbor area: 9 p.m. Friday
- Three Rivers area: 11 p.m. Friday
Indiana restoration estimates:
- Decatur area: fully restored
- Avilla area: Noon today
- Fort Wayne area: Noon Wednesday
- Elkhart area: Noon today
- South Bend area: 6 p.m. Thursday
- Muncie, Winchester and Elwood areas: 9 p.m. today
- Marion and Hartford City areas: 11 p.m. Friday