STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – Pennsylvania State Police say they found 20 pounds of marijuana in boxes wrapped as Christmas presents inside a minivan after a traffic stop.
The Centre Daily Times reports (http://bit.ly/1j4exXu) that 38-year-old Randy Jesus Valdivia, of Surfside, Fla., faces felony drug charges after the stop on Interstate 80 near State College.
Police said they became suspicious after Valdivia was stopped Thursday afternoon, and they got him to agree to a search.
They said they found 20 pounds of weed vacuum-sealed inside large boxes wrapped as Christmas gifts.
Online court records said he was taken to the local jail. A defense lawyer wasn’t listed.
- Nice: Cab driver returns $300,000 found in back seat
- Video: Man in Santa Claus suit shot with pellet gun
- Pound of pot found in search, police say
- Naughty: Stealing from the tip jar while applying for a job
- Nice: Secret donor pays off $25,000 in layaway bills
- Homeowner’s association bans kids from playing in the street
- Naughty: Trying to trade a 4-foot alligator for beer