The LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department says many county roads are hazardous.
“It is recommended to stay home this morning,” the department said in a statement issued about 8 a.m.
It said roads are “becoming impassable and are down to one lane or less in spots,” even state highways.
It said there have been reports of vehicles stuck and stranded throughout the county.
The Indiana Department of Transportation offers a map that shows general road conditions. (Note: It usually takes a little while to load.)
- Bitter cold places January on par with 3 decades ago
- Whitley issues travel watch
- Travel advisory issued for Fort Wayne, county
- Natural gas prices heating up
- Weather-related closings, delays for Saturday
- Steuben issues ‘Orange’ snow watch
- Alzheimer’s Association provides safety tips for cold weather
- Fire safety tips for frigid days