Noble County is not under a travel advisory, but the sheriff's department reported at 4:30 a.m. that most county roads were covered with drifts and impassable.
A number of vehicles were stuck or abandoned.
Those who must be on the road are urged to pack blankets and supplies "to sustain you until help arrives."
The Indiana Department of Transportation offers a map that shows general road conditions. (Note: It usually takes a little while to load.)
- Bitter cold places January on par with 3 decades ago
- DeKalb issues Level 2 Travel Watch
- Paulding issues level 2 snow emergency
- Whitley issues travel watch
- Travel advisory issued for Fort Wayne, county
- Natural gas prices heating up
- Weather-related closings, delays for Saturday
- Steuben issues ‘Orange’ snow watch