You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire


Heater fire damages Steuben highway garage

A ceiling-mounted heater caught fire Thursday in a Steuben County Highway garage, according to a statement from the Angola Fire Department.

Fire crews found a gas leak on the outside of the garage that they believed was caused by ice falling off the roof of the garage and breaking the regulator on the gas meter, the fire department said in a statement.

The fire in the heater caused minor damage, and there was minor water damage to the garage as well, the statement said.