I have something very interesting for you to read. While it's not related to the Komets, I guarantee you many of the Komets players had some experiences like those of Gregg Sutch.
A fifth-round pick of the Buffalo Sabres in 2010, he is out of hockey and wrote this blog post -- click here -- about his experiences.
Click here to read some more on Sutch's experiences in junior hockey.
- This is awesome: ECHL referee Ryan Murphy wore a camera during a game between Wheeling and Cincinnati. Check out this brief portion of it by clicking here, and it has audio, too.
- Did you know Denny McLain used to work for the Komets? Click here to read more. McLain, the Detroit Tigers' 1968 American League MVP and Cy Young Award winner, and also the last 30-game winner in baseball, will be in Fort Wayne on March 16 and Findlay, Ohio, on March 17. The first event will be at the Hotel Fort Wayne, the second at the Country Inn & Suites, both 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. He will be willing to talk with fans and sign autographs.
- The Orlando Sentinel has a story on former Komets player Mickey Lang which is pretty good: Click here.
- You may want to check out the episode of "Real Sports" on HBO that begins airing Tuesday, as it will have a piece on the 2011 plan crash in the Kontinental Hockey League that claimed the lives of so many hockey players and personalities.
- Don't forget, the Komets are playing tonight in Estero, Fla., and trying to improve on this: Click here.
- Speaking of the Everblades, I couldn't figure out why goalie Connor Knapp always seemed so familiar a name to me. This is why: Click here.
- One final thing, The Journal Gazette has a new writer covering Indiana, Purdue and the TinCaps, among other things. His name is Chris Goff. You can follow him on Twitter: @cgoffjg