More than a month after a shop fire that claimed two lives in Milford, DNA testing has confirmed the identity of the second victim.
The body of Jose Medina, of North Higbee Street, was found on the first floor of the Medina Body Repair Shop the morning of Feb. 13, according to a statement issued Friday by the Kosciusko County Coroner’s Office. He died of smoke inhalation.
The fire on Indiana 15 was caused by an electrical malfunction, officials said last month.
Annalu Nunez, who was sleeping in an apartment above the body shop, also died of smoke inhalation.
DNA testing conducted by the Indiana State Police lab in Fort Wayne confirmed Medina’s identity.