You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Celebrities

  • Ventura wins $1.8 million in slander suit
    Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura won $1.8 million Tuesday in his two-year fight to prove he was defamed by a military sniper and best-selling author who claimed to have punched out Ventura at a bar for bad-mouthing the Navy SEALs.
  • B.B. King to revisit Embassy
    The thrill is not gone for legendary artist B.B. King, who is set to return to Embassy Theatre in October, the theater announced Monday. The 88-year-old is scheduled to take the stage Oct.
  • B.B. King to revisit Embassy
    The thrill is not gone for legendary artist B.B. King, who is set to return to Embassy Theatre in October, the theater announced Monday.The 88-year-old is scheduled to take the stage Oct. 4 with spec ...
Advertisement
Evan Agostini/Invision/AP
Jay Z, left, and Beyonce attend The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute benefit gala celebrating "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" on Monday, May 5, 2014, in New York. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)

Hotel fires person who recorded Jay Z attack video

– A New York City hotel says it has identified and fired the person who recorded security video appearing to show Beyonce’s sister attacking Jay Z inside an elevator.

The Standard Hotel says the person has been terminated for “breaching the security polices of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video.”

Celebrity website TMZ posted the video Monday and said it was shot last week inside a Standard Hotel elevator.

The video appears to show Solange Knowles attacking Jay Z in Beyonce’s presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week.

The hotel says it will turn over “all available information to criminal authorities.”

Representatives for the performers haven’t replied to emails sent Wednesday seeking comment.

Advertisement