A look at some things Fort Wayne area readers will want to know.
- Look here for a schedule of Memorial Day weekend events.
- If you want to know what makes today special, click here for Today in History.
- Looking for something to do this weekend? Check out Today’s Best Bets.
- What is the all-time, greatest garage sale purchase you ever made? We’d love to hear about it for an upcoming story. Tell Steve Warden by calling 461-8477 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Local stories you'll want to read:
- Lost ring: Not long after the wedding, her new husband was shipped out. He’d see her at Christmas, her husband told her. Three months and two weeks later, by early September 1944, she was 19 and a widow. Her husband, involved in a search for a missing plane, crashed or was shot down near the Philippines. His body was never found.
- “As I glanced at each name engraved on the marble walls that day, and the faces of those who traveled so far, I could not help but imagine how painful and lonely the families back home must feel on this special day as they remember their fallen heroes.” – Rick Bradley of Warsaw is a retired sergeant first class with the U.S. Army. He wrote A time and place for solemn reflection for The Journal Gazette.
- Anatomy of a cold case murder investigation.