Fort Wayne Community Schools issued this news release today:
The Fort Wayne Community Schools Board of School Trustees on Monday, June 9, approved the following administrative appointments:
- Kathy Carr, Director of Human Resources: Kathy Carr joined FWCS in 1981 as a special education teacher at Holland Elementary. Over the next 11 years, she worked as a teacher at Holland as well as Northwood Middle School. In 1992, she became an administrator at Memorial Park Middle School, and in 1995, she was named principal of Shambaugh Elementary, where she stayed for 13 years. In 2008, she joined the Human Resources Department as the manager of recruitment and hiring. Her promotion to HR Director became effective May 27.
- J.R. Ankenbruck, Holland Elementary Principal: John R. (J.R.) Ankenbruck joined FWCS in 2003 as a Title I resource teacher at Geyer Middle School after beginning his career in Indianapolis. In 2004, he moved to Kekionga Middle School as a social studies teacher, and in 2006, he served as an administrative intern at Miami Middle School. Ankenbruck was the assistant principal at Franke Park Elementary for two years, and in 2009, he became the assistant principal at Croninger Elementary. He became principal of Washington Elementary in 2010. At Holland, he replaces longtime principal Mike Caywood, who is retiring after 41 years with FWCS.
- Jennifer Evans, Maplewood Elementary Principal: Jennifer Evans began her career in education in 1999 as a substitute teacher for FWCS. She then taught English for two years in Southwest Allen County Schools. She returned to FWCS in 2012 as a building coach at Northcrest Elementary, and during the 2013-14 school year, she served as an administrative intern at Adams Elementary. At Maplewood, she takes over for Brian Howard, who is moving to Franke Park.
- Brian Howard, Franke Park Elementary Principal: Brian Howard joined FWCS in 2001 as a second-grade teacher at Washington Elementary. In 2004, he moved to Harrison Hill Elementary where he taught third grade until he became an administrative intern at Waynedale Elementary in 2011. He was then appointed principal of Maplewood Elementary in 2012. At Franke Park, he replaces longtime principal James Emmerson, who is retiring after 43 years with FWCS.
- DaNene Neff, Washington Elementary Principal: DaNene Neff joined FWCS in 2004 as a substitute teacher. She worked at Fairfield Elementary from 2005-10, and in 2010, she became a building coach at Maplewood Elementary. During the 2013-14 school year, she served as an administrative intern at Price Elementary. At Washington, she takes over for J.R. Ankenbruck, who is moving to Holland Elementary.
- Megan Orman, Levan Scott Academy Principal: Megan Orman began her career in education as a kindergarten teacher in Florida. In 2013, she joined FWCS as an administrative intern at Waynedale Elementary. She then became the assistant principal at Brentwood Elementary for the 2013-14 school year. At Scott, she replaces Crystal Bush, who is retiring after 42 years in education.
- Steve Ziembo, Snider High School Athletic Director: Steve Ziembo joined FWCS in 1998 as a substitute teacher. In 2000, he became a full-time social studies teacher at Snider. As athletic director, he takes over for Russ Isaacs, who is retiring after 38 years with the district.