NEW YORK – Barbara Walters’ time away from television isn’t lasting long.
The TV news icon said Tuesday that she will interview the father of Elliot Rodger, the young California man who shot and killed six people and injured 13 others before turning the gun on himself last month. The interview with Peter Rodger will air as a prime-time special on ABC News in the next few weeks.
ABC News President James Goldston says Rodger specifically requested to be interviewed by Walters, so Goldston reached out to her while she was vacationing in Berlin.
ABC honored Walters last month when she stepped away from regular appearances on The View.
– Associated Press