An overheated piece of equipment caused slight fire and smoke damage to a Fort Wayne business early Tuesday.
Shortly after midnight, the Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to Summit Transmission at 2133 Coliseum Blvd. W. and arrived to find smoke coming from the roofline of the building, the department said.
Firefighters had to force their way into the building and found the smoke was coming from a piece of equipment.
Firefighters shut down power to the equipment and were able to vent the smoke from the area, the department said.