Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:18 pm
Verbatim: Search committee appointed for Fort Wayne chancellor
The following was released on Tues. April 18, 2017 by Purdue University:
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — A search committee has been formed to identify the next chancellor for Purdue’s Fort Wayne campus. Gary Lehman, a member of Purdue’s Board of Trustees, will chair the committee and on Tuesday (April 18) announced the members who will be asked to provide a slate of candidates to Purdue President Mitch Daniels by July 1.
The new chancellor will succeed Vicky Carwein, chancellor of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne since September 2012. Carwein recently announced her intent to retire before the end of 2017.
Search committee members have been charged by Daniels to find candidates who have the capabilities to address the needs of the Northeast Indiana economy, to shape campus programs so they will attract an increasing number of students, to allocate resources effectively to ensure fiscal stability, and to work closely with faculty to complete campus restructuring and realignment.
The committee also has been asked to provide the Fort Wayne community the opportunity to hear from all finalists in a town hall-style forum.
“This is an extremely important step as we look to the future of Purdue’s presence in Northeast Indiana,” Lehman said. “I’m grateful to each member of this search committee for agreeing to spend the time and effort necessary to find the next chancellor to lead this campus.”
Members of the search committee are:
* Lehman (chair), member of Purdue Board of Trustees
* Jeff Malanson, associate professor of history and IPFW Senate presiding officer
* Beomjin Kim, professor of computer science and chair, IPFW College of Engineering, Technology and Computer Science
* Terri Swim, professor of educational studies and associate dean, IPFW College of Education and Public Policy
* John Niser, professor and chair, IPFW Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management, College of Health and Human Services; IPFW Senate representative to the University Senate
* Tamarah Brownlee, IPFW director of human resources and institutional equity
* Audeen Fentiman, Crowley Family Professor in Engineering Education and associate dean of engineering for graduate education and interdisciplinary programs, Purdue College of Engineering
* Vic Lechtenberg, professor emeritus of agronomy, dean emeritus of the Purdue College of Agriculture, and special assistant to the president, PurdueUniversity
* David Reingold, professor of sociology and Justin S. Morrill Dean of the Purdue College of Liberal Arts
* Indiana State Sen. (ret.) Tom Wyss, IPFW alumnus
* Valeria Astro Salazar, IPFW student and president, Honors Student Group
Source: Gary Lehman, firstname.lastname@example.org