Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:52 pm
Adams victim drowned accidentally, coroner rules
The Journal Gazette
The Decatur man who died in Wednesday's industrial accident accidentally drowned while performing work on a sewer pit, the Adams County coroner ruled today after an autopsy.
Justin Manley, 40, died at the scene from asphyxia because of drowning because of hydrogen sulfide gas toxicity, Coroner Leslie Cook said in a statement.
A second victim, Mark Manley, remains in critical but stable condition at a Fort Wayne hospital, Sheriff Shane L. Rekeweg said in a statement.
The pit was located at Manley Meats in rural Monroe.