The following was released on Thurs., Aug. 31, 2017 by the Indiana Department of Transportation:
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Department of Transportation reminds motorists that the Labor Day holiday weekend is typically one of the busiest times for travel on Indiana’s highways. Motorists should expect heavier than normal traffic beginning Friday through Monday evening. INDOT reminds Hoosiers to travel safely and plan for more driving time during this very busy weekend.
INDOT announces a road work moratorium for the Labor Day weekend beginning Friday afternoon, September 1 until the morning hours of Tuesday, September 5. Wherever possible, road restrictions will be removed to ease traffic flow for holiday drivers. Some closures and restrictions will remain on larger projects that cannot safely reopen to traffic. Here’s where you will see restrictions remaining over the holiday weekend.
- U.S. 31 is reduced to one lane in each direction for approximately 4 miles between State Road 10 and 13 Road in MarshallCounty. The speed limit is reduced to 50 miles per hour in the work zone.
- Watch for lane shifts on I-80/94 in LakeCounty between I-65 and Kennedy Avenue. Four lanes will be open in each direction, but will be shifted to the right.
- Westbound I-94 in LaPorteCounty is reduced to two lanes with traffic shifted to the inside between the U.S. 421 interchange (Exit 34) and the U.S. 20/35 interchange (Exit 40).
- Watch for lane shifts on southbound I-69 between mile markers 291-294 in Allen and Huntington Counties, mile markers 318-320 in AllenCounty, mile markers 327-329 in DeKalbCounty.
- I-469 is reduced to one lane in each direction in AllenCounty between mile markers 11-17 and mile markers 0-1. On/off ramps at Adams Center Road are closed.
- I-70 near Terre Haute is reduced to one lane in each direction for maintenance on two bridges between U.S. 41/150 (Exit 7) and U.S. 40/State Road 46 (Exit 11).
- I-65 lanes near Lafayette are shifted for widening construction between State Road 26 (Exit 172) and State Road 38 (Exit 168).
- Watch for lane shifts on I-65 near Lebanon and Frankfort for resurfacing between State Road 32 (Exit 141) and State Road 28 (Exit 158).
- Three lanes of I-65 North are diverted across the median to share the southbound side of the interstate with two lanes of I-65 South for construction at the bridges over I-465 on the south side of Indianapolis. The I-465 East and West ramps to I-65 North are closed for the duration of construction.
- I-69 between State Road 37 Exit 205 and State Road 38 Exit 219 has shifted travel lanes and reduced speed limits while an additional lane is built in each direction.
- One left lane of I-69 South near State Road 332 (McGalliard Road) Exit 241 is temporarily diverted across the median to share the northbound side of the interstate. The State Road 332 (McGalliard Road) entrance ramp to I-69 South is scheduled to close for bridge construction on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 9 p.m.
- Multiple bridge construction projects on I-70 between Indianapolis and Ohio have shifted traffic lanes and reduced speed limits near Post Road (Exit 91), State Road 9 (Exit 104), mile marker 112, State Road 109 (Exit 115), State Road 1 (Exit 137) and mile marker 155 between State Road 227 (Exit 153) and U.S. 40 (Exit 156).
- The State Road 9 entrance ramp to I-70 East is closed through October for the remainder of bridge construction immediately east of the State Road 9 Exit 104 (Greenfield) interchange.
- The left lane of I-70 West is diverted across the median between State Road 109 Exit 115 (Knightstown) and State Road 9 Exit 104 (Greenfield). Both I-70 East lanes and one I-70 West lane are shifted to share the eastbound side of the interstate with opposing directions of traffic separated by concrete barriers.
- I-70 West near mile 155 (between U.S. 40 Exit 156 and State Road 227 Exit 153) will be reduced to a single lane and temporarily diverted across the median for up to 13 days starting Friday, Sept. 8 at 9 p.m. for a slide-in bridge construction project.
- Watch for lane shifts in both directions on I-65 in ClarkCounty between mile marker 16 and mile marker 8.
- I-74 is restricted to one lane in each direction in DecaturCounty near the New Point interchange (Exit 143) and in RipleyCounty near the S.R. 229 interchange (Exit 149) and the S.R. 101 interchange (Exit 156).
- Watch for lane closures on I-69 in both directions in Vanderburgh County Between I-64 and S.R. 66 (Lloyd Expressway).
- Lane closures will remain in place on U.S. 41 in Evansville between Boonville New Harmony Road and I-69.
- Lane shifts continue on U.S. 41 at the Twin Bridges over the Ohio River. Two lanes will be open in each direction. One lane for southbound traffic will be shifted to the northbound bridge.