Monday, January 29, 2018 9:12 am
Verbatim: Fort Wayne police to open online applications for recruit class
The Journal Gazette
The Fort Wayne Police Department issued this news release today:
The Fort Wayne Police Department will open our “online” application process for those individuals interested in becoming fulltime commissioned police officers.
The “online” application process opens Thursday, February 1st, and will close Monday, April 2nd at 8:00 a.m. To apply visit our web site at FWPD.org.
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical fitness test.
• 21-35 years of age at time of appointment.
• U.S. Citizen.
• High School Diploma, the equivalent, or a G.E.D.; Education beyond high school preferred.
• Correctable vision to 20-30 in each eye.
• Meet residency requirement consistent with Indiana statue (live in Allen County or adjacent Indiana county upon academy graduation).
• Current valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain an Indiana driver’s license.
• Physically and mentally able to perform essential job functions of the patrol officer position.
Anyone with questions concerning the application process can contact the Fort Wayne Police Academy at 260.427.2911 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.