Julie Inskeep, publisher, 260-461-8490
Craig Klugman, editor, 260-461-8853
Sherry Skufca, managing editor, 260-461-8201
Karen Francisco, editorial page editor. 260-461-8206
Delivery problems, questions, 260-461-8519 or 1-800-324-0505
- If you don't know which department in the newspaper would most likely handle your story idea, we can help. The general newsroom number is 260-461-8773, the general fax number is 260-461-8648 and the general newsroom e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the 24/7 news tip line at 260-466-6397.
- If you want to complain about accuracy, coverage, or lack of it, you may contact the editor, Craig Klugman, 260-461-8853. Or, you may contact the managing editor, Sherry Skufca at 260-461-8201.
- The Journal Gazette is in the 260 area code. All extensions at the newspaper are four digits, beginning with an "8."
Metro news department
The Metro staff handles all news that happens in our circulation area not covered by the sports, business or feature staffs.
The reporters in the department write city government, police, court, county government, schools and other related stories. If it s a story that is happening as you speak, this is the department to call.
- Lisa Green, assistant managing editor for local news, 260-461-8200.
- Joyce McCartney, assistant metro editor/day city editor, 260-461-8364.
- Jim Chapman, assistant metro editor/night city editor, 260-461-8366.
- Ron Shawgo, assistant metro editor/enterprise editor, 260-461-8312.
- Dan Stockman, special projects, Fort Wayne city government, 260-461-8281.
- Viv Sade, Allen County government, 260-461-8207.
- Julie Crothers, metro reporter, 260-461-8816.
- Frank Gray, columnist, 260-461-8376.
The Sports staff covers sports news from area high schools, local colleges, Indiana and Purdue universities, the University of Notre Dame, and professional sports, including the Fort Wayne Komets and the Fort Wayne TinCaps. Coaching changes, athlete signings, sports features, and schedules all come under this department.
For most stories and general questions, call the sports editor, Mark Jaworski, 260-461-8260. email@example.com
For high school news, call Greg Jones, the high school sports editor, 260-461-8224. firstname.lastname@example.org
(See the separate item about submitting sports scores.)
Perspective, Opinion, letters to the editor
Our editorial page staff is responsible for the daily Perspective and Opinion pages, including letters to the editor and guest columns. The staff also produces the Sunday Books pages.
If you have an idea for an editorial or feedback about published editorials, contact Karen Francisco, editorial page editor, 260-461-8206. Francisco is also the contact if you want to submit a letter to the editor or a guest column, or have questions about published letters and columns. She also is responsible for the Books pages.
The Business staff provides news coverage about the economy, health care and manufacturing industries, labor, retail, banking and agriculture.
If you want to report news about promotions, awards, seminars and new businesses -- all of which appear in Sunday's Business section -- the information must be submitted in writing by 1 p.m. the Tuesday before desired publication. News releases should be faxed to 260-461-8893, Attn. Business News, or e-mailed to email@example.com.
If you are including a photograph with information for the Business People section on Sunday, the photograph must be attached to the e-mail as a separate jpeg image.
Information may also be mailed to: The Journal Gazette - Business News, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802 (Photographs will not be returned).
If you have questions, contact Lisa Green at 461-8200.
Lifestyle, entertainment, faith, food
The Living staff writes stories that are not so time-sensitive and generally are described as feature stories.
Entertainment news, solution-oriented stories, profiles, lifestyle trends and food information are the staples of this department. It is also this department that is responsible for many of the lists the paper publishes, like entertainment guides, and is responsible for the Home section and its Garden page.
Terri Richardson, features editor, 260-461-8304.
Diana Parker, community listings, entertainment listings/Cook's Corner, 260-461-8476.
Address: 200 W. Washington St., M-8
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Photos, slideshows, photo galleries and videos
The Journal Gazette's photo staff takes local photos and videos for use in the printed newspaper and on journalgazette.net, some of which are organized as slideshows or photo galleries.
For information about the photos or videos in the newspaper or online, contact Visual Editor Cathie Rowand at firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-461-8226.
Photo reprints: 461-8831
News services, copy desk
Sherry Skufca, managing editor
Jim Touvell, design editor
Tom Pellegrene Jr., manager
Telecommunications device for the deaf