More Political Notebook
- 3 debates set for governor, 1 for senator September 25, 2016 1:01 AM
- Paulding Chamber to host candidates' breakfast September 23, 2016 1:14 PM
- Debate set for Senate candidates September 22, 2016 10:18 AM
- Area lawmakers in 'test run' of constitutional convention September 21, 2016 1:56 PM
- 3 debates set for Indiana gubernatorial candidates September 21, 2016 1:50 PM
- Conservative PAC backs Banks September 21, 2016 11:47 AM
- Indiana Senate race a toss-up, analysts say September 20, 2016 1:58 PM
- Libertarian to speak to progressive group September 19, 2016 5:38 PM
- State Senate GOP to offer paid internships September 19, 2016 11:32 AM
- Didier 'disappointed' by anthem protest September 18, 2016 1:01 AM
- Young, Bayh to be in Fort Wayne on Friday September 14, 2016 1:57 PM
- Councilman Didier disappointed in those not standing for national anthem September 13, 2016 9:00 PM
State Sen. Jim Banks of Columbia City was among 13 Republican congressional candidates endorsed Wednesday by the Guardian Fund, a political action committee that supports conservative military veterans who seek elected office.
The Guardian Fund, established in 2012 by former Florida congressman Allen West, said it was donating $2,500 to the campaigns of each of the endorsed candidates.
Banks, a member of the Navy Reserve, is the Republican nominee for the open U.S. House seat in northeast Indiana's 3rd District. He is opposed in the Nov. 8 general election by Democrat Tommy Schrader of Fort Wayne and Libertarian Pepper Snyder of Huntington.